Monday 26 March 2007

MCD... crafty fellows

So you may or may not have heard that there is a new boutique festival starting in Scotland called Connect. Acts confirmed include LCD Soundsystem, Mogwai, The Beastie Boys and Bjork. It's on the same weekend as Electric Picnic. So my first reaction was "OMG it's gonna pair up like TITP and Oxegen"

However my parade was pissed on when, after a little bit of googling and wikipedia-ing (I dont see that getting into OED anytime soon), I found out that the promotors of Connect, DF Concerts is 67% owned by Gaiety Investments, the parent company of MCD.

OH NOES!!

Does this mean that MCD will steal even more acts from EP... well perhaps. However I have been reassured that the headliners were secured before MCD could meddle further.

There are also rumours of Latitude (the English leccy Picnic) being brought over by MCD, but I am not sure how much truth is in those.

No comments: