Wednesday 11 April 2007

Message From Sam


Sam Herlihy, formerly of Hope Of The States, posted this message on the HOTS message board just a few hours ago.

A little blurb on present topics.
Though ridiculous and in manymany ways utterly ungrateful, the recent sudden interest in new band nonsenses shoved me a little sideways. It's been writing recording destroying rebuilding since last september and all of it under any radar anyone cares to keep an eye on. Suddenly a quiet (an let me in no way kid myself of my importance in anyone's schemes, grand or otherwise) wave of questions/queries/statements etc threw a little loop of me. Then after my couple of moments of self important sulking I am struck by a notion:
Though I do and have worried regular for the last few years about whether or not the lack of distance between myself and those interested in the music I scrabble my way through is an entirely healthy endevour, it in so many ways is something to be sinfully proud of. All I know is that any band I have ever truly cared about always gave me the sense that they gave more than two hoots about a) my interest in them and b) what being a complete fanboy/girl of a band feels like.
It's not always pleasant to be on the end of barbs aimed as if the assassin knows you and yr motives personally but conversely I'm not convinced that I could ever enjoy being in a band without a feeling of genuine connection with the odd but often amusingly skewed takes on these messes I make.
I have no idea why I spout this tonight but ta for still caring those who do. And to those who do not, yr all going to miss out on a fuckoff blinder of a record when it's done, because it's going to be better than everything else....maths fact.............so speaketh the rod for my back....

s
x


Lazy? Well I can take the work out of it for you.
He loves his fans, has been recording and the new album is fantastic.

Presumably this recording has been done with the band mentioned in an earlier blog.

No comments: